Decorative onyx on base of lamp. It is marked B&H on bottom with the number 3529, and B&H on fill lid for oil and at the top of burner it is marked B&H Lamp Co Pat D Aug 20, 1889.
It has a round wick. 23.5 tall without chimney. A little more info about the company below, Bradley & HubbardThe discovery of oil in Pennsylvania in 1859 had a great impact on the product line of Bradley & Hubbard with the decision to begin production of kerosene burning lamps. By 1871, kerosene virtually replaced whale oil for heating and illumination and new ways of burning it more efficiently were needed. Between 1868 and 1875, Bradley and Hubbard secured 33 patents relating to the design and mechanics of oil burning lamps (in all, the company would eventually patent a total of 238 designs and mechanical devices).
The company was again reorganized in 1875, this time as a joint stock company renamed The Bradley and Hubbard Manufacturing Company. The Bradley and Hubbard Manufacturing Company factory complex, ca1880.
Growing rapidly throughout the 1880's, the company added new products such as architectural grilles, railings, fences, window guards, and elevator enclosures. By the 1890's, the Bradley and Hubbard name was synonymous with high quality and artistic merit. Their products were marketed not only in their own showrooms in New York, Boston, Chicago and Philadelphia, but also by a force of salesmen traveling throughout the country and by the large retail firms of Marshall Field & Company, Sears and Roebuck & Company, and Montgomery Ward & Company. The item "ANTIQUE BRADLEY & HUBBARD BANQUET OIL LAMP" is in sale since Monday, March 23, 2015. This item is in the category "Antiques\Decorative Arts\Lamps".
The seller is "treasurehunt941" and is located in Englewood, Florida. This item can be shipped to United States.