(3) Primitive Antique Wrought Iron Betty Crusie Whale Oil Grease Lamps, 19thC
Description : A group of (3) hand-forged iron and sheet metal Betty Lamps, Northeastern US origin, early-1800s. If youve found this listing then you certainly know the history of these primitive fat lamps. See Internet for further information, recent comps, etc. All with original hanging hooks and picks, and differently-shaped oil/grease reservoirs. The photos are probably the best description.
Condition : Condition varies per lamp, but generally Good to Very Good overall with expected wear, soiling, oxidation, etc. Note : one appears to be missing the front hinged lid section; one has a hinged cover that was likely repaired/replaced at some point. See photos for complete details and close-ups. Please consider them as part of the description.
This trio displays brilliantly; highly appropriate for any collection of Early Colonial Lighting. Overall measurements vary; half-dollar coin is shown for relative scale, with an approximate diameter of 1-1/4. Good Luck, thanks for watching, and be sure to bookmark my Auctions, listed and ending daily. The item "(3) Primitive Antique Wrought Iron Betty Crusie Whale Oil Grease Lamps, 19thC" is in sale since Tuesday, June 30, 2020.
This item is in the category "Antiques\Primitives". The seller is "mgs1971" and is located in South Dartmouth, Massachusetts.
This item can be shipped to United States.
- Featured Refinements: Primitive Iron Hanging Betty Whale Oil Lamp
- Type: Primitive 19thC Betty Crusie Whale Oil Grease Lamp
- Material: Metal, Wrought Iron
- Size Type/Largest Dimension: Small (Up to 14in.)
- Style: Primitive AAFA Country Folk Art Americana
- Original/Reproduction: Original
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Region of Origin: US-Northeast
- Signed: Unsigned
- Color: Hand-Forged Wrought Iron
- Category: Antiques, Primitives,
- Date of Creation: 1800-1899
- Maker: Maker Unknown, Northeastern US Origin